While cargo coming into Bellevue and surrounding areas of Washington is certainly a boon to the economy and a benefit to the citizens, the more cargo that comes in, the more trucks that are needed to transport the cargo. The more trucks that are on the road, however, the greater the risk of a truck accident. Based on the sheer size of large trucks, truck accidents can be incredibly deadly. If you or a loved one has been involved in a truck accident, our experienced Bellevue truck accident lawyers can represent you during the claims process. Reach out to us for a free consultation.
Top Causes Of Truck Accidents
While a large number of trucks on the road certainly increases the risk of truck accidents, truck accidents are not inevitable and do not occur merely because of large amounts of traffic. Instead, truck accidents are typically the result of negligence.
Negligence can be demonstrated by the truck driver, the driver of the smaller car involved, the trucking company, a shipper or loader of cargo, or even a truck or truck part manufacturer. Examples of negligence that cause large truck accidents include:
- Driving too fast for conditions;
- Taking a turn too quickly;
- Failing to yield;
- Making an illegal lane change;
- Driving while intoxicated or impaired;
- Failing to properly train a truck driver;
- Improperly securing cargo; and
- Manufacturing a defective auto part.
Injuries & Damages From Truck Accidents
When a truck and a passenger car collide, the damages can be extremely severe. Injuries and damages from a truck accident suffered by the occupant of the smaller vehicle include:
- Head and brain injuries;
- Back and neck injuries, including spinal cord injuries;
- Internal injuries;
- Bone fracture injuries;
- Crushed limb or loss of limb injuries;
- Soft tissue injuries; and
- Psychological injuries.
Injuries are only part of the equation, as injuries are associated with a wide range of other losses, including high property damage expenses and costly medical services, lost wages, pain, suffering, and a diminished quality of life.
The Benefits Of Working With The Bellevue Truck Accident Attorneys at Premier Law Group
If you have been involved in a truck accident, our truck accident attorneys believe that you should be compensated for the full extent of your harm. When you choose our law firm, you will benefit from the knowledge and skills of a team that is experienced and has a history of success in cases like yours. Our services include:
- Investigating your claim. As alluded to above, truck accidents can be complex because of the large number of potentially liable parties. We will open a thorough investigation into your case in order to determine what happened and who should be held liable. We can hire experts of various backgrounds, such as accident reconstruction experts, to assist with this process.
- Calculating your damages. As you recover from your injuries, you should be focusing on you; we’ll focus on the value of your losses, both present, and future. We’ll then issue a demand letter against the appropriate insurance party reflecting this.
- Negotiating your settlement. Our job is to get you the largest settlement offer possible, which means putting our negotiation skills to the test. If out of court negotiations fail, we will file a lawsuit to bring your case to court by filing a lawsuit.
Statute Of Limitations For Truck Accident Claims
One important detail of which you must be aware of is the statute of limitations, which is the amount of time that you have to file a lawsuit against the responsible party after a truck accident happens. In Washington, the statute of limitations is three years from the date of the cause of action – that is, the date of the truck accident. If you wait longer than three years to file your suit, you can be permanently barred from recovery. We recommend initiating the claims process as early as possible as such to avoid any conflict with the statute of limitations.
How Our Bellevue Truck Accident Attorneys Will Help
When you reach out to our law office, the first thing we will do is help you determine if you need to hire a lawyer at all. With a minor crash, you may be able to handle things on your own. However, if you suffered a serious injury or the trucking company is refusing you accept liability, you should consult with an attorney right away. Our legal team is ready to take immediate action to protect your rights. At Premier Law Group, we handle every aspect of our client’s cases, so that they can focus on their health and their family. Among other things, our Bellevue truck accident attorneys will:
- Conduct a free, comprehensive assessment of your truck accident claim;
- Take the time to hear your story and answer your questions;
- Investigate the truck collision—securing important evidence;
- Gather all medical bills and carefully document your losses;
- Deal with all requests from the insurance company; and
- Walk you through the personal injury claims process, communicating regularly and making sure that you understand exactly what is going on with your case.
Call Our Law Firm For A Consultation With Our Bellevue Truck Accident Lawyer Today
If you have been in a truck accident, or if a loved one of yours has been badly injured or killed in a truck crash, you’re not alone. You do not have to navigate the claims process or face insurance adjusters by yourself. Instead, our Bellevue truck accident lawyers at the Premier Law Group will be by your side, advocating for the best outcome possible for you every step of the way. To schedule a free consultation with our legal team or to request more information, please call us directly today to speak with a Bellevue truck accident attorney, or send us a message with your information, including a description of your case.