Getting into an accident that results in a serious personal injury is a life-altering experience. Serious personal injuries are those that result in serious risk of death, disfigurement, or the loss of or the impairment of a limb or organ. Serious personal injuries can result from a wide range of reasons, some of which will be described below.
If you’re dealing with the aftermath of serious personal injuries, you’re probably trying to figure out what your next steps will be. By working with a law firm that has experience dealing with these types of cases, you will have a better chance of getting the financial and legal help you need to move forward with your life, allowing you to focus on the healing process.
What Types of Accidents Cause Serious Personal Injuries?
There are several types of accidents and events that could cause someone to sustain a serious personal injury. Just a few are listed below.
- A motorcycle rider could collide with another vehicle or object, and they could slam into the ground.
- A driver could collide with a much larger vehicle like an 18-wheeler, causing catastrophic injuries.
- Someone could get into a serious accident while using a vehicle that moves on the water, like a boat or a jet ski.
- A pedestrian could get hit by a vehicle like a car, motorcycle, bicycle, train, or boat.
- Someone could trip and fall on an icy road or slippery floor, or they could fall off of something like a ladder or from a platform.
- A woman or her child could sustain serious injury during childbirth.
The above is an extremely small sampling of the ways that someone could experience a serious personal injury. Working with a personal injury attorney who knows how to deal with these cases can help you get the assistance and support that you need.
What Are Some Examples of Serious Personal Injuries?
There are many different types of injuries that fall under the umbrella of “serious personal injuries.” What ties them all together is that they cause the victim to sustain injuries that are serious enough to completely change their quality of life for the worse. Following are a few examples of “serious” personal injuries.
- Multiple broken bones
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries that result in partial or full paralysis
- Injuries to the face that cause disfigurement
- Injuries that result in the loss of eyesight or hearing
- Injuries that cause vital organs to become seriously impaired or destroyed
This list represents a tiny fraction of the types of serious personal injuries that can result in a major loss of quality of life for the victims. If you’ve suffered a serious personal injury, you’re going to need a law firm by your side that can help you get all of the support you need.
What Should You Look For in a Serious Personal Injury Lawsuit?
When seeking compensation in any type of personal injury lawsuit, you want a law firm on your side that can help you aim for full compensation for your injuries, your pain, and your suffering. When you’re dealing with a serious personal injury lawsuit, you need a law firm that not only goes after financial support for your current needs, but also fights hard for all of the inevitable future treatments and costs that you’ll be responsible for.
The negative long-term impact of your serious personal injuries needs to be fully accounted for when determining your required compensation so that you don’t have to worry about the expensive day-to-day costs associated with long-term care.
Contact the Personal Injury Lawyers at Premier Law Group
At Premier Law Group, we know that there’s a lot to deal with in the aftermath of a serious personal injury, so we know you already have a lot on your plate. We want to help you recover what you are owed. There will be a lot of future considerations that need to be handled promptly and properly, and we have experience doing all of it for our clients. We can help you figure out the next steps so that you can focus on healing.