Seattle Catastrophic Injury Attorneys
The results of a catastrophic injury can be… catastrophic. They can also be hard to predict. A severe accident caused by someone else’s negligence is a serious matter as well. You need the help of experienced serious accident lawyers.
If you or a loved one has been injured, the lawyers at Premier Law Group can help. We can make home and hospital visits and will go the extra mile for our clients. Our experience and past results make us different from other Seattle serious accident lawyers.
Call 206.285.1743 to speak directly with one of our Seattle personal injury attorneys and start your free case review. If we handle your case, you will pay absolutely no legal fees unless we win.
Two Important Goals to Keep In Mind
Firstly, to increase your chances of a complete recovery, get the best care possible. Secondly, you want to recover the most money possible to pay for all of your damages. To achieve these goals, there are certain steps you should take. Furthermore, your doctor and lawyer can only get the best results with your cooperation.
Common Catastrophic Injuries
Any injury can prove catastrophic, however the most common of these injuries include:
- Spinal cord injuries: Spinal cord injuries are generally caused by a blow to the head, shoulders, or body. They can also be painful and slow to heal. They can also lead to chronic pain, a diminished range of motion, and other permanent issues.
- Paralysis: Paralysis is the permanent loss of control over bodily motion in an affected area. The physical and emotional effects of such an injury can last a lifetime. Paralysis also often leads to other problems, such as breathing difficulties.
- Traumatic brain injuries: Traumatic brain injuries result from an impact to the head. They also result from severe shaking of the head on the neck as well. These injuries are often serious. The effects of a serious brain injury can include physical, cognitive, and other issues which can persist for a long time. They can also hinder your ability to work or perform regular activities.
- Other serious injuries include amputations and severe burns as well.
Common Causes of a Catastrophic Injury
Nearly any kind of accident can lead to a severe injury depending on the severity. The most common accidents that result in a serious injury are:
- Traffic accidents: These include car, truck, motorcycle, bike, scooter, and pedestrian accidents. They frequently result from driver negligence.
- Slip and fall accidents: Slip and falls can cause very dangerous injuries—especially from heights. Slip and falls are often the result of negligent business owners. They are also common on the job, especially on construction sites.
- Accidents caused by defective products: When products are defective, severe injuries can occur. Issues often occur from defective car parts, defective children’s products, and defective appliances.
Damages for Catastrophic Injuries
Devastating injuries often lead to damages that can be hard to assess. The damages that often apply include the following.
- Medical costs – These costs can include:
- emergency care
- emergency transportation
- treatment from doctors and specialists
- physical therapy
- at home care, and more.
- Lost wages – A severe injury is likely to result in lower work capacity or not being able to return to work.
- Pain and suffering – Serious injuries are typically very painful, which can take a toll on your mental health. The trauma of the accident itself can also lead to mental struggles such as anxiety, depression, and mood swings.
The damages resulting from these injuries typically include large bills. If you didn’t cause the accident, you should not have to pay these costs. The catastrophic injury lawyers at Premier Law Group can help you recover full and fair compensation to help cover these costs.
What To Do After Catastrophic Accident
Report Physical Complaints
When you visit a doctor, be thorough. One challenge of a severe injury is that memory is often impaired or the ability to communicate is limited. As such, record every detail, even if it does not seem important.
Be sure to get photos of wounds, lacerations, bruises, and any other physical proof of your injuries. Get photographs of the accident scene as well. Once the scene is cleaned up, most evidence will be lost.
Independent witnesses are important for proving that you aren’t at fault for your own accident. Get any names, addresses, and phone numbers of witnesses that you can. Being able to prove with independent witnesses that an accident happened the way you claim it did can help you win your case.
Keep a Journal
Between the day of your accident and the time that you fully recover or your case goes to trial, you may forget important details. If your loved one’s injury keeps them from being able to journal, keep a journal from your perspective. Write down daily experiences, restrictions, and pain. That will help to convey any injuries to the jury or whoever you are settling your case with.
If you stop going to the doctor for any reason, a jury will assume you were feeling fine and didn’t need treatment. It will also take longer for you to recover from your injuries and destroy your case. Consistent treatment proves your ongoing pain and suffering. You should see a doctor as long as your symptoms last.
See A Doctor
There are a variety of issues that can result from a catastrophic injury. You should see the right doctor for your injuries. The following guide can be helpful as a reference.
- Neurologist: Visit a neurologist for severe headaches, dizziness and vertigo, numbness, paralysis, loss of motion and/or feeling, memory loss, loss of awareness, or changes in cognitive functioning.
- Orthopedist: Injuries to the spine, neck and back pain, pain or discomfort in the shoulder, as well as broken bones usually require visiting an orthopedist.
- Psychologist / Psychiatrist: See a psychologist or psychiatrist for anxiety, depression, withdrawal or other mood-related symptoms.
- Physical Therapist / Chiropractor: Those with muscle, tendon, and ligament injuries will benefit from physical therapy or chiropractic treatment.
There are many other specialists as well that have not been listed. They may also be suited to help treat your injury. Furthermore, you should not undergo any needless treatment. Doing this can weaken your injury claim.
How Premier Law Group’s Catastrophic Injury Attorneys Can Help
Firstly, we will help you decide whether you need accident attorneys at all. If you can settle your case on your own, our free book can help provide the guidance you need to do so. For more complex cases, you will still want our Seattle or Bellevue catastrophic injury lawyers to get the best settlement possible.
We will also give you our Triple Guarantee:
- When you contact us, you’ll speak directly with an attorney – not just an intake specialist. We’ll also be upfront about whether you even need an attorney to settle your claim.
- We’ll provide a “premier” client experience. Don’t just take our word for it. Read what our previous clients have to say here.
- You don’t have to pay a cent unless we win your case. That’s our zero-fee guarantee.
Furthermore, you may not know about any permanent damage until weeks following your injury. In this time, insurance companies can pressure you to settle before you know the extent of your accident. That’s wrong, and we will stand up for you. At Premier Law Group, we will:
- Listen to your needs, questions, and concerns
- Handle legal issues while you focus on recovery
- Deal with insurance companies
- Order medical records and bills related to your injuries
- Walk you through the litigation process
- Follow up with you so you know how your case is going
Contact a Seattle Personal Injury Attorney as Soon as Possible
If you are suffering from a severe injury due to the negligent actions of another person, you will likely need financial and other assistance. The Seattle catastrophic injury lawyers at Premier Law Group will help you through recovery. We will fight to help you get the best care possible.
Call 206.285.1743 today to speak with one of our attorneys and begin your FREE case review.