How Can a Drugged Driving Accident Lawyer Help Me?
Do you or someone you love have injuries because of someone driving under the influence of drugs? Our drugged driving accident lawyers understand the impact a drugged driving accident can have on our clients’ lives. We see situations like yours every day and know how frustrating it can be. That’s why we want to help you navigate your situation and get you the best possible outcome.
Here you’ll learn about what’s at stake when you have injuries because of someone driving under the influence of drugs. We want you to know about important factors to consider at this stage and how to protect your claim. We’ll also provide resources to help you make the best decisions about your situation.
What Constitutes Drugged Driving in Seattle?
“Drugged driving is driving a vehicle while impaired due to the intoxicating effects of recent drug use.”
In Washington, a person driving under the influence or affected by intoxicating liquor or drugs is guilty of drugged driving.
Statistics About Drugged Driving
- 6 million people 16 or older drive under the influence of illicit drugs.
- Nearly 44 percent of drivers in deadly car crashes test positive for drugs.
- According to the 2007 National Roadside Survey, 16.3% of weekend nighttime drivers are positive for potentially impairing drugs.
What About Driving While High On Marijuana?
Besides alcohol, marijuana is the drug most often found in the blood of drivers involved in crashes. Drivers with THC in their blood are more likely to be involved in a fatal crash than drivers who don’t.
In Seattle, a person is guilty of driving while under the influence of…marijuana if they drive a vehicle and have, within two hours after driving, a THC concentration of 5.00 or higher.
Can Other Drugs and Medications Impact The Ability To Drive?
However, some prescription and nonprescription medicines -commonly referred to as “over-the-counter”- do have side effects that make driving unsafe.
What Legal Representation Is Available To Victims of Drugged Driving Accidents?
Whenever a person drives under the influence of drugs they may be accountable for any resulting accident or injury. A defendant can be convicted after driving under the influence or exhibiting the effects of having consumed a controlled substance. This includes prescription drugs or over-the-counter medications.
At Premier Law Group we’re happy to offer you a free drugged driving accident case review.
What Compensation Do I Have A Right To Receive After a Drugged Driving Accident?
In Seattle, victims of drugged driving accidents may be able to:
- Medical expenses. These expenses include the cost of past, present, and future medical treatment related to your drugged driving accident.
- Lost income. Victims of drugged driving accidents can receive compensation for time they are missing from work. If you are not able to perform as normal when you return, you may be compensated for those permanent changes.
- Pain and suffering. You may be compensated for the very real pain and discomfort you are experiencing due to a drugged driving accident. This compensation depends on the duration of your recovery and the extent of your injuries.
- Property damage. Victims have the right to compensation for any damage to their personal property as a result of drugged driving accidents.
- Out-of-pocket expenses. You can receive compensation for every cost related to your injuries and recovery.
Why Should I Hire A Dedicated Car Accident Lawyer at Premier Law Group?
Finding the right Seattle drugged driving accident lawyer can be a challenge. At the very least, your lawyer should:
- Focus on representing victims. This ensures that your lawyer has some expertise in drugged driving accidents.
- Be well recognized. Your lawyer should be respected within the legal community and beyond. If your lawyer is a “nobody” the insurance company is not going to take them seriously. This could negatively impact your compensation.
- Be approachable and accessible. There are many factors in a drugged driving accident claim, so it’s important that you have a productive working relationship with your lawyer.
- Never pressure you. Your lawyer should guide you and provide helpful information so you make the best decision for your circumstances.
- Be considerate of your client experience. You’ve had a hard enough time already. The firm you hire to represent you should make the claim process a positive experience.
Contact a Dedicated Drugged Driving Accident Attorney in Seattle, WA
Victims often ask, when should I hire a Seattle drugged driving accident lawyer? There are a number of advantages to hiring someone as soon as possible. The right attorney will help protect your health, emotional well-being, and finances quickly, and give you useful resources.
Keep in mind that each claim has a statute of limitations. You have to file a claim within three years of your drugged driving car accident. However, there are always exceptions and there may be circumstances that change the statute of limitations in your particular situation.
At Premier Law Group, we want everyone who contacts us to be more informed about their legal options – regardless of whether we represent them or not.
If you don’t need an attorney to settle your drugged driving accident claim, we’ll tell you exactly that. We’ll even provide you with an e-copy of our guide How To Settle Your Own Case.
Contact Premier Law Group for your free drugged driving accident case review. Call 206.285.1743 today. And as always, there’s no legal fee unless we settle or win your case.