Help For Injured Passengers
In car accidents, passengers have no control. They are unable to stop or lessen the severity of an auto accident. As a matter of fact, passengers often suffer from traumatic injuries which require time to heal. At Premier Law Group, we understand the impact a passenger accident can have on our clients’ lives. That is to say, we see situations like this every day and know how hard it can be on people’s lives.
Here you’ll learn about what’s at stake when someone else’s driving causes you injuries. Furthermore, we want you to know about important factors to consider at this stage and how to protect your claim.
What Injuries Do Passengers Sustain?
Car accidents are as dangerous for passengers as they are for drivers. In addition, drivers often take evasive maneuvers with their own safety in mind. Therefore, attempts to avoid a collision can put passengers in the line of impact. This often results in far more severe injuries, including:
- Road Rash
- Broken and fractured bones
- Internal Bleeding
- Organ damage
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Brain damage
- Loss of limbs or amputations
These injuries can be catastrophic. People may have to completely adjust their way of life due to car accident injuries. This could mean changing jobs or how you are able to live at home, for example.
You should not have to pay for someone else’s mistake, which is why you should open a passenger injury claim. At Premier Law Group, we fight hard to get our clients full and fair compensation.
Passenger Accident Statistics
Car accidents harm thousands in Washington every year. However, while driver injuries frequently get the focus, passengers often suffer more severe injuries.
- In crashes involving two vehicles, 50 percent of passengers in the struck vehicle die compared to 22 percent of passengers in the striking vehicle.
- Between 1998 and 2002, more than 160,000 people were killed and nearly 13 million were injured in traffic crashes. Nearly one-third were passengers.
What Are My Rights As An Injured Passenger?
Passengers of car accidents have the right to file a passenger injury claim. However, you will need to:
- Prove the cause of the crash
- Prove the cause of injuries
- Lastly, to prove that proper safety precautions were taken
Like any car accident victim, you have the right to seek full and fair compensation. Additionally, you may receive compensation to cover your past, present, or future medical bills, injuries, disabilities, and rehabilitation.
Should I File A Passenger Injury Claim Against A Loved One?
When a friend or family member causes a crash, you may have to file a passenger injury claim against their insurance. This decision can be difficult. Not to mention, strenuous to your relationship with the at-fault driver.
However, a proper personal injury claim will seek compensation directly from the driver’s insurance provider. That is to say, your loved one will not have to pay you anything out of pocket. Though their insurance rates may rise slightly.
If you do not file a claim you can incur debt. As a result, you will be unable to pay for future medical needs resulting from your injuries. Attempting to arrange payments from your loved one without involving insurance companies will also only add to the complications. Consequently, this could lead to more financial harm or even further damage relationships.
Legal Representation For Passenger Victims Of Car Accidents
Filing a passenger injury claim can be a difficult process to navigate. Especially if the person is a friend or loved one.
Furthermore, insurance companies want to pay as little as possible. However, the right passenger injury attorney will help you get full and fair compensation. Our attorneys will communicate and negotiate with the insurance company, and let you focus on recovering.
What Compensation Can I Receive From A Passenger Accident?
If you have injuries from a car accident you can receive compensation. From the date of the accident you have three years to file a passenger injury claim.
Additionally, Washington state recognizes contributory fault. So, you can still recover damages. To clarify, each party responsible for an accident is partially to blame. The amount of the settlement you receive relates to your percentage of fault. Passenger injuries from car accidents can lead to compensation for medical bills as well as wages lost due to missing work.
At Premier Law Group we’ll provide you with a free passenger accident case review.
Why Should You Hire Dedicated Passenger Injury Lawyers At Premier Law Group?
When you contact and work with Premier Law Group here’s what you can expect:
- We’re accessible. When you contact us, you won’t just hear from an intake person. You’ll hear from an actual attorney.
- We’re straightforward. We don’t play games and will communicate with you so you understand everything. Our mission is to help you recover from your accident and get the best possible recovery.”
- We care. We’re real people who help real people with real problems. Let us handle your case to avoid making mistakes that could damage your case while you focus on getting better. We want to give you an experience and outcome that makes things as right as possible.
- We put our client first. Our team puts our clients needs first, which is why we have great past client reviews.
Contact A Dedicated Passenger Injury Attorney
There are many advantages to hiring an experienced Seattle car crash lawyer right away. The right auto accident attorney will help protect your health, emotional well-being, finances and give you useful resources.