Road Debris In Seattle Contributes to Car Accidents
You may hear about car accidents and road hazards resulting from debris on the road all of the time. Debris in these types of accidents may include broken glass from other crashes, nails, ladders, and even mattresses.
In some cases, a driver is unable to avoid hitting road debris that suddenly falls off another vehicle. When large objects end up on the road or and fly away from vehicles, significant damage can happen to your car. You or any passengers in your vehicle might suffer injuries as well.
If you or a loved one has injuries resulting from a road debris car accident, you may be eligible to file a claim against the person responsible. At Premier Law Group, our experienced Seattle car accident attorneys can help you get the financial compensation you need.
Causes of Road Debris Car Accidents
As we mentioned, road debris can take a variety of forms, large or small. It can also end up on the road for any number of reasons.
Some of the most common ways that roadway debris can cause serious collisions are:
- Items fly out of the bed of a truck or off the top of a car and crashes into another vehicle.
- A driver running into a large item in the road, such as a ladder or a mattress resulting in a rollover, a tire blowout, or a collision with other motor vehicles.
- Drivers attempting to swerve around large debris on the roadway and crash into other vehicles in different lanes of travel.
- A driver not paying attention and runs over the debris and then impacts with another vehicle.
- A driver preoccupied by their phone and looks up too late and causes a collision when trying to avoid debris.
How to Prevent Car Accidents Caused by Road Debris
Oftentimes, for drivers who end up in serious Seattle road debris car accidents, there is no way to avoid the accident. However, other drivers who see debris on the road can do things to help prevent such car accidents. Additionally, drivers who cause these accidents should be held responsible for their actions. They should be aware that there are precautions to take that can prevent such crashes. All this can be prevented by the following:
- Regular reporting and cleanup of roadway debris. This can help make sure that items that don’t belong on the road are not on the road.
- Drivers should be looking ahead while driving. Adhering to the speed to give themselves plenty of reaction time.
- Drivers should not tailgate other vehicles. This can result in rear-end collisions when unexpected events occur.
- Drivers should always be attentive to the roadway, not distracted by their phone, radio, etc.
If you’re able to record the license plate number of a vehicle where the debris came from, you can file a claim against the driver’s insurance company. This also applies to the owners of business vehicles or owners of trucking fleets.
When debris is left in the road, the driver responsible sometimes leaves the scene and is not aware of the debris. If you are unable to record the license plate number, you may have to rely on witnesses, dash cam footage, or surveillance camera footage (if it is available).
Why Do I Need an Attorney?
If you’ve been in a road debris car accident our experienced attorneys at Premier Law Group will help. We can help determine fault for your injuries and damages. This includes other motorists, the person responsible for the debris, if they can be identified, and even the department of transportation if the roadway was not clear.
Premier Law Group is here to help anyone who has been injured in a road debris car accident. We will help you navigate the details of a settlement. You deserve full and fair compensation for your vehicle repairs, medical services obtained, future medical bills, or other expenses that result from the road debris car accident.
Call the Experts in Road Debris Car Accidents
There are a number of things you can do to help protect your road debris car accident claim. Furthermore, it is often best to hire someone right away. Contact Premier Law Group to speak with one of our experienced Seattle car accident lawyers. We offer free initial case reviews for road debris car accidents in Washington State.
Additionally, we will help protect your health, emotional well-being, and finances right away, and give you useful resources. At Premier Law Group, we want everyone who contacts us to gain information about their legal options. See what our past clients have to say here.