Recreational Vehicle (RV) and Motorhome Accident Attorneys
In Washington state, anyone with a standard driver’s license can legally drive an RV. Anyone who purchases or rents an RV can legally drive it for personal use. However, that doesn’t mean everyone is prepared to handle these vehicles. Especially with how large and awkward they can be. If you’re on this page it’s likely that you or a loved one have experienced a RV or motorhome accident.
At Premier Law Group, we know situations like yours can take a toll – physically, mentally, psychologically, emotionally, and financially.
It’s important that a trusted Seattle RV and motorhome accident lawyer assist with your injury claim. Insurance companies want to pay as little as possible, but the right attorney will ensure you experience the best possible recovery. Our attorneys will handle communications and negotiations with the insurance company, and help you get full and fair compensation.
Types of Recreational Vehicles (RVs)
Out on the road you might see any of the following types of RVs:
- Conventional RVs
- Fifth-wheel RVs
- Folding camping trailer
- Van camper or conversion van
- Class A motorhomes
- Class C motorhomes
- Hybrid trailers
- Luxury RVs
- Pop-up campers
- Teardrop trailers
- Travel trailers
- Toy haulers
Additionally, the classes and license classifications for these vehicles are varied:
- Class A. Vehicles with a GCWR of more than 26,000 lbs. if the GVWR of the vehicle being towed is in excess of 10,000 lbs.
- Class B. Vehicles with a GCWR of more than 26,000 lbs. if the GVWR of the vehicle being towed is not in excess of 10,000 lbs.
- A Class C. Vehicles carrying 16 or more persons including the driver, or vehicles carrying hazardous materials with a weight rating of 26,001 pounds or less. Class C licenses require special endorsements.
Causes of Recreational Vehicle (RV) Accidents
Driving an RV can be difficult, and inexperienced drivers can have trouble handling them. RVs are much larger, and require extra clearance space and longer stopping distance when braking.
When drivers do not take that difficulty into account — or drive RVs in a reckless manner — they put themselves and their passengers at risk. However, not all RV accidents are caused by the driver.
Recreational Vehicle accidents are frequently caused by:
- Runaway trailers
- Fire caused by a gas leak
- Blown tire
- Inexperienced driver
- Poorly balanced load
- Rollover due to higher center of gravity
- Drivers failing to see a car in the RV’s large blind spot
- Poorly calculated turns
Let one of our RV accident attorneys at Premier Law Group determine the exact cause of your accident and gather evidence to support your claim, while you focus on recovering. We’ll work hard to get you full and fair compensation.
What Makes Recreational Vehicles Dangerous?
There are several challenges RV drivers face. Unfortunately, these often lead to RV and motorhome accidents. Some of these are:
- Firstly, the size of a motorhome leaves little margin for error and makes it difficult to stay in a single lane.
- Secondly, RVs have more blind spots than cars. Consequently, drivers must be careful about checking mirrors and monitoring other vehicles in relation to the RV.
- Thirdly, the length of a recreational vehicle can make the turning radius large and sweeping. When turning, drivers must be careful not to drive over curbs or sidewalks. Especially when making a right turn.
- The weight distribution and center of gravity of an RV can also vary. Recreational vehicles with the weight of water and fuel have a much lower center of gravity than the same RV without that weight. Additionally, when gear is stored higher in the body the result is a higher center of gravity and less stability. Consequently, motorhomes are more prone to tipping and rolling over on tight turns.
- The final factor is experience. In most cases, owners use their RVs only a few times a year. As a result, the ability to drive a recreational vehicle degrades. In the time it takes a driver to regain the skills to operate an RV safely, many mistakes can occur.
Compensation in RV And Motorhome Accidents
At Premier Law Group, we want you to get full and fair compensation. As part of your recovery, we will help you get you compensation for:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages/earning capacity
- Loss of essential services
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Property damage
- Out-of-pocket expenses
Insurance Issues & Liable Parties
Because of RVs weight and size, they can cause much more damage in an accident. If a driver has only minimal coverage, it may not cover all of the damages resulting from the recreational vehicle accident.
Depending on the circumstances of RV and motorhome accidents, a number of parties may be held responsible. Besides the driver, other liable parties in recreational vehicle accidents can include:
- The rental company. The rental company can be held liable for not maintaining the RV or providing warnings of its dangers. They may also be liable if they are guilty of allowing an incompetent person to rent and operate a motorhome.
- The manufacturer. Manufacturers may be liable if a design or manufacturing flaw contributes to a recreational vehicle accident.
- A parts manufacturer. If a part of the vehicle, such as the brakes or tires cause an accident, the manufacturer of that part can be held liable too.
With the potential of so many parties to be involved, RV accidents can be complicated. That’s why it is important that an experienced recreational vehicle accident attorney help you with your claim.
Legal Aid for RV and Motorhome Accidents in Washington State
At Premier Law Group, you can speak directly with one of our attorneys. We offer free case reviews to those injured in RV accidents and are looking for a Washington RV accident lawyer. By speaking with you and getting to know about your specific situation, we’ll be able to provide you with the most accurate information.
Call Premier Law Group, Your Dedicated RV Accident Attorneys
There are many advantages to hiring someone as soon as possible. At Premier Law Group, our expert RV and motorhome accident attorneys will help protect your health, emotional well-being, and finances right away. Plus, we don’t charge a penny until we win your case! And, working with us sooner than later doesn’t cost any extra!
We will take care of the insurance company, you just focus on getting better! But don’t just take our word for it, read what our clients say!
At Premier Law Group, we aim to inform everyone who contacts us about their legal options, regardless of whether we represent them or not. Contact Premier Law Group to schedule a FREE RV accident case review today. Call 206.285.1743 today.