Legal Representation for Victims of Brain Injury Caused by Dangerous Chemicals
Let’s say that your daughter is a top notch jazz vocal singer. She joins a select group of master’s program students, studying vocal jazz at a prestigious college. You travel to the city, finally find an apartment that is safe, and within walking distance of the school. All is well … until it isn’t! Your daughter falls seriously ill; the doctors diagnose her with a chronic respiratory illness. How did this happen? Your daughter has had a toxic chemical exposure to black mold!
In fact, what was hiding at the beginning of the school year is now easy to see. Black mold has visibly climbed up the wall behind the HVAC unit. The one bedroom studio apartment has turned into a petri dish of toxic chemical exposure. It’s as though she has black lung disease, like that of miners.
Have you or a loved one suffered a serious life-changing toxic chemical exposure? Did you lose someone you love to this kind of accident? Are you dealing with horrendous medical bills? And rightly scared for your future?
Let Premier Law Group help!
Most important is getting a thorough medical check-up and diagnosis of the cause of the illness. Where toxic chemical exposures occur, you also need an experienced personal injury attorney as your legal partner. Our expert Seattle personal injury attorneys at Premier Law Group understand the claim process, and the long term effects of toxic chemical exposures. We thoroughly investigate to determine cause and liability, and negotiate on your behalf, while you focus on recovery. Let us collect all the evidence and manage the claims process for you and your loved ones.
Call Premier Law Group today at 206.285.1743 for a FREE Consultation!
Side Effects of Toxic Exposure
Many of our clients have experienced toxic chemical exposures. These include black mold, asbestos, pesticides, lead paint, PCBs, solvents, and many other pollutants. The exposures have happened in poorly maintained residences, manufacturing sites, farm workers, cleaning businesses … many different work situations.
Just some of these injuries include:
- Chronic respiratory issues and inability to breathe
- Constant headaches
- Memory loss, even dementia
- Decreased sense of smell
- Loss of motor skills and limb tremors
- Confusion, forgetfulness, inability to pay attention
We aggressively pursue the negligent parties because the injuries caused by toxic chemical exposure are so far-reaching.
Common Toxins That Cause Brain Damage
Unfortunately, today’s societies use toxic chemicals in a wide array of ways. Those that are known to cause serious health issues have become tightly regulated by federal and state governments. Even so, unsuspecting workers continue to receive exposure to them and suffer chronic illnesses as a result.
The most common brain injury toxins that cause toxic chemical exposure are the following:
- Carbon Monoxide
- Black Mold
How Does Exposure Occur?
You are probably asking yourselves: “How are we being exposed to toxic chemical sources?” In truth, toxic chemicals are literally everywhere in our work and private lives.
Here are some of the most toxic chemical exposure sources and the brain injuries they cause:
- Pesticides: Inhaling pesticides which causes headaches, blurred vision, impaired motor skills, difficulty breathing, confusion, even organ failure and death. These are primarily used by lawn care companies, farms, park operators and office building maintenance. The goal is to prevent the spread of insects and bugs.
- Solvents: Breathing solvents fumes cause blurred vision, loss of smell, balance problems, headaches, confusion, and memory deficits. Solvents are widely in paint thinners, glues and other commercial and residential use products.
- Carbon Monoxide: This is particularly dangerous because carbon monoxide is odorless and colorless and gives victims no warning. Exposure causes headaches, depression, decreased mental capability and permanent brain injury. Toxic chemical exposure potential is everywhere in our lives. Many homes have improperly installed furnaces, insufficient ventilation and no carbon monoxide safety devices. Swimmers can pass out and drown when carbon monoxide builds up under boats.
- Black Mold: Victims are exposed to the mold spores through their skin and breathing them in. This causes chronic respiratory debilitation, memory loss, anxiety, depression and other brain issues over time. Toxic chemical exposure to black mold occurs when mold spores are released from mold build-ups on walls, in HVAC systems and in/under sinks and showers.
“Black mold builds up on walls, in HVAC systems, and in/under sinks and showers”
- Asbestos: Long term exposure to asbestos causes mesothelioma, a fatal type of cancer. Even though it is highly regulated, and is outlawed, asbestos is still found in many places. Automotive brakes, brake linings, and many other commercial applications still abound.
- Lead: Typically, victims breathe in lead based products. These lead to neurological problems and other brain injuries. Lead is still found in children’s toys, paint, antique furniture and other sources.
- Mercury: Toxic chemical exposure to mercury is known to cause breathing difficulties, lack of coordination, tremors, loss of mental alertness, and other brain controlled movements. Mercury is found in fish and is commonly used in manufacturing environments.
- Manganese: This toxic chemical is only now revealing itself, as our nation’s water supplies are registering high levels of manganese and lead. This is due to aging pipe infrastructure in our water systems. Toxic chemical exposure to manganese causes dizziness, nightmares, inability to sleep, body tremors, and full on brain damage.
It is important to note that every toxin has a different effect on the brain’s function. The long term damages will vary, depending on the amount of chemical exposures you have experienced. Most often, toxic chemicals enter the body from people inhaling them. This allows the toxin to work its way through the bloodstream and into the brain. Black mold, for example, ends up in the pockets of the lungs. You can’t remove them. The victim just has to “last it out” and hope they recover.
Get the Compensation You Deserve!
Premier Law Group is experienced in many cases where victims suffer toxic chemical exposure. The damages that this exposure causes are far reaching and debilitating. The brain injury leads to damages to all the body’s physical systems. And these physical damages are the result of someone else’s negligence.
All in all, brain injury victims and their families need legal help after toxic chemical exposure injury. Premier Law Group wants to be your legal partner. We aggressively pursue justice, no matter the tactics of insurance company claims adjustors.
Don’t sign off on an insurance claim until you talk with us. Focus on healing, and let us collect evidence and handle the claim details.
Contact a Dedicated Seattle Toxic Chemical Exposure Injury Attorney!
Call Premier Law Group! Get your FREE Consultation Today!
You always work directly with an attorney and we are available to you 24/7.
Call 206.285.1743 Today!