In most cases the answer is no, family members may not collect damages for grief, sorrow and mental anguish suffered after their loss. The only exception to this in Washington State is when the case involves the wrongful death of a minor child. But the claim can only be made if the child dies when he or she is under the age of 18.

Pin It on Pinterest