I was in a hit-and-run accident. Who can I sue for the money to cover all of my costs?

I was recently involved in a hit-and-run accident and sustained pretty bad injuries. I have been to see the doctor and he recommended that I see a specialist. But, who can I sue for the money to cover all of my costs? I shouldn’t have to pay when it wasn’t even my fault and the other driver left the scene.

The type of insurance that you have will be a big factor; also the circumstances of the accident will make a difference in the legal options available to you. Check with your insurance provider to make sure that you have uninsured motorist coverage because this will be what you use to cover expenses. Without uninsured motorist coverage you really don’t have any other options. Also, make sure that you call the police immediately after the accident to file a report and write down and information you remember about the other driver and their car, and get contact information from anyone that witnessed the accident. Because a hit-and-run can be difficult to prove, it is probably best to think about hiring an experienced Seattle personal injury lawyer to help you.