Personal injury cases settle after varying periods of time – it can take a matter of months or even years for cases to settle or get to trial. Although it’s impossible to predict the nature of litigation, a Seattle personal injury lawyer can give you an in-dept overview of how long your particular case might take to settle or try. But usually, your attorney will usually wait to see how well you have recovered from your injuries before attempting to settle your case. Before settlement, you should find out the following facts:
- Your total medical bills;
- Whether additional medical treatment will be needed;
- If additional medical treatment is needed, how much will it cost?
- Will any of your injuries last permanently?
- If any injuries will last permanently, how will they affect your ability to earn a living?
- How much total income or other employment benefits did you lose as a result of your injuries?
- Do you think that you will suffer any additional loss of income due to your injuries?
These are just some of the factors you should think about before settling. As your case moves forward, your lawyer can give you an estimate of how much longer the case should be litigated before advising you to consider settlement. If you are not already represented by a Seattle personal injury lawyer, please contact the Premier Law Group, PLLC for a free evaluation of your case.