Renton Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Motorcycles can be fun and exhilarating for drivers and their passengers. While riding a motorcycle is an exciting form of transportation, they can also be dangerous. Each year, motorcycle accidents claim the lives of several thousand individuals across the United States. Even if the accident is not deadly, the size and lack of protection that motorcycles provide for riders often results in them suffering severe injuries. If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident, you may want to contact an experienced Renton motorcycle accident lawyer to get help with your claim.
At Premier Law Group, our motorcycle accident attorneys are committed to providing the highest quality legal representation to injured victims. If you or your loved one was hurt in a motorcycle wreck in Renton, WA, we will help you get justice, accountability, and pursue the financial compensation you may be owed. Our skilled team of attorneys have the dedication it takes to provide our clients with the specialized representation they deserve.
Protect Your Rights: Important Steps to Take After a Motorcycle Accident
The immediate aftermath of a motorcycle crash can be stressful, overwhelming, and confusing for victims. They may not know where to turn or what to do. Unfortunately, some people make mistakes that actually undermine their chances to recover financial compensation and get justice for their losses. Following a motorcycle collision in Renton, injured riders should be sure to take the following steps to ensure their overall safety and wellbeing:
- Report the crash to emergency services: All motorcycle accidents that result in injuries must be reported to police and emergency medical services if necessary.
- Check for injuries: Check yourself and any passengers for serious injuries that may require immediate medical attention.
- Collect evidence: Take photos or videos of the accident scene, property damage, and any visible injuries.
- Get witness statements: If any witnesses approach you, ask if they would be comfortable providing you with a brief statement.
- Give your statement: Give your statement for the accident report.
- Get Driver Information: Get the name, contact, and insurance information from the at-fault driver.
- Seek immediate medical attention: Beyond protecting your own well-being, you must see a doctor to recover financial compensation.
- Avoid speaking to an opposing insurance company: Insurance adjusters are looking for information that they can use to reduce a settlement offer or deny liability.
In addition to these steps, you should contact an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer in Renton, WA who may be able to help you with the Washington claims process.
What is Motorcycle Accident Liability in Washington?
In Washington, motorcycle accident liability is generally based on negligence. Negligent parties can be held legally responsible for a crash. To determine who is liable, a motorcycle accident must be comprehensively investigated so that the specific cause is both known and documented. These collisions occur for a wide variety of different reasons—from drivers switching lanes without recognizing the presence of a bike to distractions like texting while driving.
In some cases, more than one party will share the blame for a motorcycle accident. Indeed, an injured motorcyclist may even be held responsible for part of their own accident. As Washington is a comparative fault state (RCW 4.22.005), a plaintiff’s compensation will be reduced if they are found partially at fault. Do not accept an unfair share of the blame for a crash. Being held liable for a portion of your own motorcycle accident could take thousands of dollars out of your settlement.
What Can You be Compensated for After a Motorcycle Accident?
You may be wondering how much a motorcycle accident claim is worth. The answer depends on the nature of your damages and the severity of your injuries. In Washington, injured victims have the right to seek financial compensation for monetary and non-monetary losses. However, the insurance companies that handle most personal injury claims do not make the process easy on people. At Premier Law Group, our Renton motorcycle accident lawyers fight aggressively to ensure that injured victims can pursue the maximum settlement offer. You may be entitled to get compensation for:
- Ambulance and emergency room care
- Medical bills and rehabilitative expenses
- Loss of current and future wages
- Pain and suffering
- Scarring or permanent physical impairment
- Wrongful death
If you are unsure of how much financial compensation you may be owed for your losses, our knowledgeable motorcycle accident lawyer may be able to help you by going over the details of your claim.
Why Should You Hire an Attorney after a Motorcycle Accident?
Motorcycle accident injuries claims are complex. In far too many cases, insurance companies unfairly stereotype riders as risk-takers. With actual experience riding motorcycles and a record of success handling personal injury claims, our Renton motorcycle accident lawyer knows how to protect your rights and interests. When you call our law office, we will:
- Conduct a free, in-depth review of your motorcycle accident claim
- Answer your questions and explain your options
- Review and investigate the accident—carefully preparing all evidence that proves liability and the extent of your damages
- Handle all correspondence and settlement negotiations with defendants and insurance companies
- Provide you with personalized attention to your needs and concerns throughout the claims process
We make a commitment to our clients to provide transparent, communicative legal representation throughout the entirety of the claims process. You should never be in the dark about the case. Our trial-tested motorcycle accident attorneys are prepared to take your case as far as it needs to go to maximize your financial compensation.
Contact an Experienced Motorcycle Accident Attorney in Renton, WA Today
If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident as a result of another person’s negligence, you deserve to be compensated for any losses you may have suffered as a result. To get help with your claim, contact an experienced Renton motorcycle accident lawyer.
At Premier Law Group, our accident lawyers are standing by, ready to fight for your rights. Our skilled legal team has the experience and knowledge to help you navigate the Washington legal system as we help you pursue the justice you deserve. To schedule a free case evaluation, contact us here or call (206) 880-7518.