– Call 911 if there is serious injury or damage.
– Check for injuries; call an ambulance right away if someone is injured or unconscious.
– Exchange information: names, contact info, drivers license no. and insurance policy info
– Stay at the scene; don’t leave until it’s ok to do so
– Call your insurance; report the accident
– Record your medical treatment; list effects of injuries and any medical professionals who treat you
– Take pictures of the damage to your vehicle immediately after the accident
– Talk to an attorney to handle your car accident claim