– Fatalities from distracted driving increased by 32% in Washington state alone.
– The crash risk increases 23 times when using your phone.
– 1 out of 10 drivers are distracted while driving.
– 58% of 1,700 teen drivers were involved in moderate to severe crashes as a result of distraction.
– 5 seconds is the average time to take your eyes off the road to text.
– This is also enough time to cover the length of a football field when driving at 55mph.
Download a high resolution file of The Statistics of Teens and Distracted Driving