We Seattleites are no strangers to the infamous Mercer Mess. “Mess” may just be an understatement. With construction happening since what seems like forever ago, and expected to continue until the middle of 2015, we’re used to the catastrophic Mercer Street, but that doesn’t make it any less frustrating. Today’s commute is expected to be even worse than it was over the weekend, so prepare accordingly. We recommend avoiding Mercer at all costs if possible, but if you can’t, here are some things KOMO News recommends keeping in mind:
• Mercer Street is now reduced to two eastbound lanes between 4th Avenue and 9th Avenue
• There is only local access on Taylor Avenue
• Between 5th and Dexter, the sidewalk on the north side of Mercer has been closed
• Broad Street to I-5 is again open to traffic both ways
• The ramp from SR 99 to Mercer Street is closed indefinitely
Please be safe when driving through the mess! Road closures and detours can often be confusing, and can be dangerous if you’re not paying close attention.