If you work in construction, you may face potential hazards every day due to the nature of your work. These hazards can cause debilitating injuries if an accident occurs. Even if you exercise an extreme level of caution, you may experience preventable injury due to another person’s negligence.
If you have endured substantial injury in a construction site accident in Washington, speak to an experienced construction accident lawyer at Premier Law Group. We have a history of success in helping victims who have been affected by preventable injury recover the fair compensation they are owed.
3 Common Types of Construction Site Accidents in Washington
Working in construction is a high risk, and the dangers of construction work appear in different forms on job sites. Falls remain the prominent cause of construction worker fatality, accounting for one in three deaths in 2021. Other types of accidents, such as struck-by accidents, electrocutions, and caught-in/between accidents are also prevalent. The following are common types of construction site accidents in Washington:
1. Scaffolding Accidents in Washington
Scaffolding is used on construction sites to allow workers to perform jobs at great heights. Although falls are a primary concern when using this type of equipment, they may also be constructed improperly or poorly, resulting in a risk of an accident. Common types of scaffolding accidents include:
- Falls due to missing or poorly constructed guardrails
- Falls due to faulty harnesses and safety equipment
- Slippery or uneven surfaces of a scaffold
- Workers below being struck by falling objects
- Electrocution due to contact with powerlines
- The collapse of scaffolding due to faulty construction or excess weight
If you work at a Washington construction site and have been injured due to another person’s negligence or faulty equipment, Premier Law Group is experienced in handling claims involving accidents, injuries, or wrongful death due to scaffolding accidents on construction sites. Speak to a seasoned Washington construction site accident lawyer for an assessment of your case.
2. Aerial Work Platform Accidents in Washington
Poorly constructed equipment can cause devastating injury on Washington construction sites. Aerial work platforms are machines that are commonly prone to failure. Telescopic and articulating boom lifts to aid in moving workers and materials to high areas and can cause severe injury as well. Other safety issues when working on aerial work platforms include:
- Overloading the platform
- Tipping over
- Poor or lack of training
There are numerous risks that you may face on a construction site, even when using extreme caution. It is essential to consult an experienced construction site accident lawyer at Premier Law Group if you are injured on a construction site. You may be able to recover compensation for the injuries you have sustained.
3. Burns and Explosions on Construction Sites in Washington
There are numerous conditions on a construction site in Washington that can lead to substantial burns and injuries due to explosions. Some of the frequent causes of explosions on a construction site include:
- Ruptured gas lines from excavation
- Incorrect storage of fuel, chemicals, and explosive materials
- Overheating of power tools, machines, and heavy equipment
- Sparks from welding and other construction activities
- Improper electrical wiring and mismanagement of power on the job site
- Defects in construction equipment that may cause a stream of fuel to spray out when the fuel cap is removed
- Negligent behavior on the part of workers
Many fire and explosion construction accidents may be prevented through effective training and supervision of workers as well as fire mitigation strategies. If you have suffered from a severe burn due to negligence on a construction site, speak with a seasoned Washington construction site lawyer at Premier Law Group for legal guidance on the most beneficial steps to take regarding your claim.
Common Types of Washington Construction Site Injuries
Construction workers work in high-risk environments and are prone to severe injuries every day. Frequently experienced construction site accident injuries include:
- Traumatic brain injuries: Due to the prevalence of falling objects or dangers of falling from heights, TBIs can cause concussions and severe brain damage that can cause issues in cognitive function, sensory issues, and permanently impaired movement and other bodily functions.
- Spinal cord injuries: Falls from a great height may damage the spinal cord. This may result in partial or total paralysis. Workers who suffer from paralysis are often unable to return to construction work and may be unable to find employment at all.
- Burn injuries: Severe burn injuries can cause temporary or permanent impairment, disability, disfigurement, and even death. Burn injuries may be caused by electricity, explosions, chemicals, and contact with sweltering machinery.
- Hearing loss: Extended exposure to elevated decibel levels at construction sites can cause significant hearing loss over time. An incident involving a sudden, loud noise can also cause permanent hearing loss.
- Vision loss: Bright lights and accidents involving sharp equipment are common at construction sites and can lead to vision loss or even blindness.
If you have been injured in a Washington construction accident, speak with a seasoned construction site accident lawyer for a comprehensive assessment of your case. You may be able to recover compensation for the losses you have experienced due to your accident, lost wages, medical bills, rehabilitation, and pain and suffering.
Speak to an Experienced Washington Construction Accident Lawyer at Premier Law Group
Suffering a debilitating injury from a construction site accident can be traumatic and life-altering, especially if your injury hinders you from returning to work. Speak with a seasoned Washington construction site accident lawyer for help in building a solid case toward a successful claim. The legal team at Premier Law Group has a history of success in helping victims who have suffered due to negligence recover the compensation they deserve.
The lawyers at Premier Law Group work to provide the highest level of representation with a focus on integrity, compassion, and aggressive advocacy. We understand that enduring injuries due to someone else’s negligence can be devastating. We exhaust every resource in order to obtain a favorable outcome so you may focus on healing. For a complimentary consultation, call (206) 880-7518 or fill out a contact form.