Bellevue Catastrophic Accident Attorneys
Serious accidents and catastrophic injuries happen far too frequently in Washington. Whether a vehicle is involved or equipment at work, the consequences can be devastating. No one can predict when an accident may occur. The chances that you or a loved one will be dealing with long-term and permanent difficulties after a serious accident are very high.
Being in a serious accident resulting in catastrophic injuries as the result of someone else’s negligence is a very serious matter. You need the help of knowledgeable, experienced, and aggressive Bellevue serious accident attorneys.
If you have a child or minor who has been injured, Premier Law Group’s Seattle and Bellevue Catastrophic Injury Lawyers can help you no matter where you are in Washington State. We routinely make home and hospital visits. Our team truly goes the extra mile for our clients. Our experience, past results, and personal attention makes us different from other Washington Serious Accident attorneys.
Call us now at (206)-207-4722 for your FREE case evaluation and to speak directly to an expert Bellevue Serious Accident Attorney. If we handle your case, you pay absolutely no legal fees unless we win. Premier Law Group is here to make a difference in your life.
If you or a loved one were injured in an accident, you must keep two very important goals in mind:
1. You want to increase your chances of a complete recovery from your injury by getting the best medical care possible.
2. You want to recover the most money possible to pay for all your medical care, loss of income, and pain and suffering.
To achieve both of these goals, you have certain duties. There are certain steps that you should take. Your doctor and lawyer can only achieve the best results with your cooperation. The best doctor and the best lawyer in the world will not achieve the maximum result possible unless you take the following steps. So pay very close attention and read this until you have mastered it.
What to do if You Have Been in a Serious or Catastrophic Accident
Report Physical Complaints Thoroughly
Every time you see a doctor, be as thorough as it is possible for you to be. One of the challenges of a pedestrian or bike accident is the fact that memory is often impaired. The ability to communicate can be severely limited.
If you are the loved one of someone who has been injured, you are in a position to be his or her advocate. Begin a journal immediately. Record every detail no matter how insignificant it may seem. In many cases, the victim of a pedestrian or bike accident needs all their energy to deal with the challenges of the pedestrian or bike accident.
Preserve all the evidence
Now is not the time for vanity. Make sure to get photos of wounds, lacerations, bruises, and any other physical evidence that proves you or your loved one were injured. Be sure to get photographs of the accident scene immediately. The scene will be cleaned up and most of the evidence will be lost if you don’t act promptly.
When a pedestrian or bike accident is involved, independent witnesses are essential for proving that you aren’t at fault for your own accident. This is because juries are often hostile to pedestrian or bike accident victims. It isn’t uncommon for the pedestrian or biker to have very little memory of the event. It is not unheard of to never recover memories leading up to a pedestrian or bike accident.
Get the names, addresses, and phone numbers of anybody who witnessed the accident, even if the other person admits at the time that the accident was their fault. Often, the person who caused an accident will change their story later. Having the ability to prove through independent witnesses that an accident happened the way you claim it did can be the difference between winning and losing.
Keep a journal
We have mentioned this already, but we want to emphasize this again. Between the day of your accident and the time that you fully recover or your case goes to trial, many important details will be forgotten unless you write them down. If your loved one’s injury has robbed them of the ability to journal, keep a journal from your perspective.
Remember the day that you sat there and tried to balance your checkbook but couldn’t do it yourself because you couldn’t make sense of the numbers anymore? It may have faded into the background as an insignificant day in your life. Thanks to your journal, that experience may draw a far more compelling picture in the jurors’ minds than any doctor can paint. By hearing you describe your experiences in your own words.
What do you want to record in the journal? Write your daily experiences, restrictions, and pain in it. Share this information with us so that we may better understand the full extent of your harm. That will enable us to convey it more effectively to the jury or whoever we are settling your case with.
If you stop going to the doctor for any reason, you make it easy for the jury to assume you were feeling fine and didn’t need any treatment. It will also take longer for you to recover from your injury. Your reasons may seem logical—not having the money, not having a car, not having time, having to go to school, having to take care of the kids, etc. Unfortunately, this logic won’t improve your health, and it will destroy your case. Consistent treatment proves the ongoing nature of your pain and suffering.
If a certain type of treatment is not helping you, talk to your doctor about other treatments. Do not sit and wait for your doctor to refer you out to another specialist. Often doctors have difficulty admitting that their treatment plan isn’t working for you. Our clients find that with a pedestrian or bike accident, many options have to be tried before you find the right one for you.
As long as your symptoms still exist, you need to consistently see your doctor and medical providers. If no treatment has proven helpful, only show up once a month and tell the doctor about your complaints. Ultimately, the main proof of your injury will be the visit to your doctor’s office.
See the right doctor
There are many different issues that can arise from a pedestrian or bike accident. You need to go to the right doctor for your type of injury. Use the following guide as a general reference. We encourage you to visit a physician to determine which specialists are the best for your actual injuries.
- Neurologist – Severe consistent headaches, dizziness and vertigo, numbness, paralysis, loss of motion and/or feeling, loss of memory, loss of consciousness, and/or change in cognitive functioning, may require a neurologist’s analysis or testing.
- Orthopedist – Spinal injuries, severe and continuous neck and/or back pain, pain and discomfort in shoulder, knees, hands, and feet as well as all broken bones or other spinal and bone-related injuries usually require visiting an orthopedist.
- Psychologist / Psychiatrist – Anxiety, depression, withdrawal, fear, phobia, and other behavioral and mood-related symptoms must be examined by a Psychologist or a Psychiatrist.
- Physical Therapist / Chiropractor – While the above-mentioned doctors will treat patients by medication or surgery, almost everyone who has muscle, tendon, ligament, and spinal injury will benefit from a course of physical therapy and chiropractic treatment.
- Other types of Doctors-Obviously, there are many other specialists that have not been listed such as Ophthalmologists, Otolaryngologists, Podiatrists, etc.
Of course, we do not want you to undergo any unnecessary treatment or examinations. Doing this will undermine the legitimacy of your injury claim. Unnecessary medical bills that you may not get paid for are not the best-case scenario.
How Premier Law Group’s Serious Accident Attorneys Will Help You
First, we will help you decide whether you even need accident attorneys. If you can settle your case on your own, our free book can help provide the guidance you need to do just that. For more complex cases, you will want to have our Bellevue Catastrophic accident attorneys to get the best settlement possible.
We also give you our Triple Guarantee which is our promise to
1. When you contact us about your personal injury matter, you’ll speak directly with an attorney – not just a receptionist or intake specialist. Furthermore, we’ll be upfront about whether you even need an attorney to settle your claim.
2. If we decide to work together, we’ll provide a “premier” client experience. You get personalized service and premier client experience.
3. You don’t pay a penny unless we win your case. That’s our “zero-fee guarantee”.
Remember, the trauma you experience right after car accidents can be the tip of the iceberg. After you have healed fully you will know about the full nature and extent of your injuries. You may not even know until weeks or months after your injury if you have any permanent damage. Insurance companies pressure you to settle before you know the full extent of the impact of an accident. That’s not right, and we will stand up for you!
- Listen carefully to your needs, questions, and concerns
- Handle ALL the legal issues so you can focus on healing
- Deal with the insurance companies – sometimes there is more than one!
- Order all medical records and bills related to your injuries
- Walk you through the litigation process so you fully understand what is happening
- Communicate with you regularly so you know how your case is progressing
Why You Should Choose PLG
If you follow these steps, you provide us with all the tools necessary to obtain the absolute maximum recovery possible. Premier Law Group’s experienced and aggressive personal injury attorneys have years of experience successfully representing people who have been involved in various accidents due to someone else’s negligence. We have won millions of dollars for our Bellevue, Seattle, and Vancouver clients. We will do whatever we can to help you recover the maximum possible compensation. If you think that you have a claim, call us today at 206-285-1743 to schedule a FREE case evaluation with an attorney.
Don’t Take Our Word for It, Read What Our Clients Say About Us
“I went to Premier Law Group to assist me with a car accident where I was rear-ended. They were responsive and very helpful in negotiations with the other insurance company. I received a fair settlement and was happy that they took care of all the negotiations for me. I highly recommend!”
—Bethany Hensley, Bellevue, WA