Car accidents are a fact of life in Federal Way. Motorists can see wrecks almost any time of year when travelling through our small city. There are many causes of car accidents, including weather and poor road design. But most accidents are caused by negligent and reckless drivers.
If you were hurt in a car accident, you need an aggressive lawyer in your corner who can fight for maximum compensation. At Premier Law Group, our Federal Way car accident lawyers have helped many injured people get top compensation for their injuries. Let us help you.
Types of Car Accidents
Accidents can happen in many different ways, but our attorneys tend to see the following common car accidents:
- Rear-end collisions. Also called “fender benders,” these collisions are common in parking lots and at intersections. Often, one motorist is following too closely behind another and slams into their fender when the lead car hits the brakes. Rear end collisions have a reputation for being relatively minor, but some can cause massive injuries.
- Head on collisions. When motorists hit each other head on, devastating injuries result. Head on collisions often stem from fatigued or intoxicated drivers drifting into the opposite lane of traffic.
- T-bone crashes. These accidents are common in intersections where the front fender of one vehicle slams into the side of another. Some T-bone collisions, also called “side-impact collisions,” are caused by motorists running a red light or refusing to yield.
- Sideswipes. Two cars travelling parallel to each other can collide. Sideswipes often happen when vehicles are merging.
- Rollovers. Vehicles can roll onto their sides or hoods when tripped up by something. Some vehicle designs are inherently unstable and contribute to rollover collisions. Passengers are in danger of being thrown from their vehicles in a rollover or suffering terrible injuries when not wearing their seat belts.
If you were injured in one of these accidents or another type, let us know. We can help you build a case for compensation.
Compensation for a Car Accident in Federal Way
If another motorist is to blame for the accident, you can make a claim on their insurance. Compensation comes in the form of “damages” for various economic losses, such as:
- Medical bills. Many of our clients incur thousands of dollars for surgery, rehabilitation, prescription drugs, and hospital stays. The person who caused the crash should pay your reasonable medical expenses.
- Lost wages. Many injuries keep people out of work, sometimes for months. Many of our clients have received damages for lost income, even if they are self-employed.
- Property damage. Damage to your vehicle is the most obvious form of property damage. When another driver causes the crash, they should have to pay to repair or replace your vehicle.
Some of our clients also receive compensation for other damages that are not economic in nature, such as pain and suffering. Any physical injury causes pain, inconvenience, and a reduced quality of life. Although these losses are somewhat subjective, Washington law allows our clients to receive compensation for them just the same.
In some accidents, our clients also receive punitive damages when the defendant’s conduct was truly egregious. For example, someone who intentionally hits another person or who drives recklessly might have to pay punitive damages, which are meant to punish him or her and persuade others to avoid acting in such a manner.
How a Federal Way Car Accident Lawyer Can Help
The days following a car crash are confusing. You might be going from doctor to doctor to treat your injuries. At the same time, the other driver’s insurance company could be contacting you, hoping to get you to sign a statement or accept a quick settlement.
At this moment, you need a seasoned car accident lawyer by your side. Our team can lift the heavy burden by investigating your crash, handling all communications with insurance adjusters, and negotiating a favorable settlement. If settlement is not possible, we are prepared to go into court and bring a lawsuit for fair compensation.
Injured motorists have many obligations, and you can easily feel like you are in over your head. Let us tackle the case for you and allow you to focus on your physical and emotional recovery.
Speak to an Attorney at Premier Law Group
Our Federal Way car accident lawyers are available to meet for a free consultation to those who reach out today. Remember, we never charge a fee unless we win your case, so there is no reason not to contact us to discuss your case.