If you have injuries from an accident caused by someone who failed to maintain their truck, then YOU NEED an experienced truck accident attorney!
Go anywhere in our area, and your fellow road warriors will undoubtedly include big trucks. Why? Big trucks carry and deliver all the goods and raw materials that people need for everyday living. Most of us assume that big rigs are well-maintained. And that truck drivers know and practice safety rules of the road. That they are well-rested, alert, not on drugs or alcohol. And not distracted by cell phones. But what if there’s a failure to maintain the truck by trucking company/truck owner? And gives truckers bonuses for driving extra hours? And hires truck drivers who test positive for substance abuse?
Sadly, these practices not only exist, they are the root cause of serious injury and fatality accidents. The truck company investigators will visit the scene of the accident. Investigators strive to place blame on the injured victims. They will deny responsibility for the accident. If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident caused by failure to maintain a truck, you don’t have to fight this battle alone.
Let Premier Law Group help! Our experienced truck accident attorneys know the accident investigation and claim process. Let us collect the evidence and deal with insurance claims adjustors. That’s all we do! We negotiate for you, while you focus on getting well.
Laws on Maintaining Trucks
Truck companies and their drivers are required to comply with federal and state laws on truck maintenance.
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) created the Compliance, Safety, Accountability program specifically for this purpose. It’s a “scoring system” to regulate truck company vehicle maintenance.
The program intention is good. But the system is underfunded so there’s a strong lack of consistent enforcement. Long haul truckers cross many state lines. Intrastate truckers use city, county and highway roadways.
Sadly, poorly maintained trucks are often on the nation’s roads.
What Causes the Failure of Maintenance on Trucks?
Data shows that most serious injury and fatality truck accidents are caused by the following maintenance issues:
- Brake Failure: When brakes fail, big rigs cannot stop. Their weight, bulk and loads cause devastating crashes with other vehicles. These include rear-end collisions, T-bone accidents, head-on crashes. Side-swipes push other vehicles into the path of oncoming traffic. Failure to maintain parking brakes cause trucks to roll into other vehicles, cyclists and pedestrians.
- Tire Blowouts: Tire blowouts typically happen when trucks are travelling at high speeds in heavy traffic. Truckers lose control of the vehicle. They can roll-over, jackknife, and swing into other lanes, crushing passenger vehicles.
- Tie Rods and Axle Failures: Failure to maintain tie rods and axles causes truck wheels to “fall off.” The truck driver loses control of the big rig. The ensuing accident is catastrophic — for the trucker and all other drivers on the roadway.
- Burnt-Out Truck Lights: Trucks with burnt-out lights cannot be seen. The driving public has no way to know if the truck is turning, braking, reversing, etc. Truckers cannot see roadways without burnt out headlights and fog lights, particularly in bad weather.
Failure to properly maintain trucks leads to life-changing injury accidents. Trucking companies know the dangers, yet continue to cut corners. Profits over people’s lives seem to be their motto.
Why Do I Need an Attorney?
In car accidents, it’s a “no-brainer” that the party that causes the accident pays for all the medical costs and damages. Not so with truck company accidents.
Truck companies have no intention of paying claims. Instead they send their accident investigators to the site, with the purpose of placing blame and wrong-doing on the victims. These companies have “deep pockets” and legal teams to protect them from truck accident claims.
What does the everyday citizen do when fighting corporate legal teams like these? You need your own legal advocate to protect you and represent you and your loves ones.
The Premier Law Group Difference!
Premier Law Group refuses to let trucking companies hide their own negligence. As your advocate, you always work with your attorney — not a paralegal.
Our attorneys know how truck companies legal teams work. We know how to get the evidence that shows they failed to maintain their vehicle that caused your injury accident.
For example, your attorney will:
- Collect Police Reports
- Secure Eye-witness Reports
- Subpoena Truck Maintenance Records
- Analyze Pre-trip Truck Inspection Logs
- Review Truck Repair Records
- Subpoena and Review Truck Driver Accident Records
With these facts, your attorney will build your case. Then file claims for compensation and negotiate for you and your loved ones.
Do You Have Injuries Caused Due to the Failure to Maintain a Truck?
If yes, you owe it to yourself and your family, to get an advocate to help you. Contact a experienced Seattle Truck Accident Attorney!
Premier Law Group will help you! Don’t sign off on an insurance claim until you talk with us. Focus on healing, and let your lawyer collect evidence and handle the claim details. Our job is to build a strong case and negotiate on your behalf. We work to get a fair settlement.
Call Premier Law Group! Get your FREE Consultation for Car Lane Change Motorcycle Accident. You always work directly with an attorney and we are available to you 24/7.
Call 206.285.1743 Today! Schedule your Free Accident Case Review!