Do You Have Injuries From a Sound Transit Bus Accident?
Everyday, for one reason or another, people in Washington use Sound Transit as a means of transportation. Some ride them to work, others send their children to school on them. Tourists use them for shopping, or for group travel. Because so many people use buses and rely on them to travel safely, bus drivers are held to higher standards of care. However, that does not mean bus accidents don’t happen.
If you have injuries from a Sound Transit bus accident, contact Premier Law Group. Our experienced attorneys will help you navigate your situation and get you the best possible outcome. Call 206.285.1743 today to speak with an expert Seattle bus accident lawyer!
Causes of Sound Transit Bus Accidents
While Sound Transit buses are at-risk from actions such as speeding, other actions – or failures to act – are more likely to cause a bus accident. Examples of these are:
- Blind spots. Because of their large size, buses have a number of blind spots. These blind spots impair the driver’s ability to see the surrounding road. This includes other vehicles, pedestrians, or
- Driver fatigue. Bus drivers are behind the wheel for long stretches of time. This increases the chance that a driver will be driving while tired, which can lead to an accident.
- Driver distraction. Due to the long hours behind the wheel, bus drivers are more likely to seek entertainment while driving. In addition to texting or using electronic devices, loud or unruly passengers can also distract the driver.
- Mechanical failures. Because buses travel so many miles, they are susceptible to more frequent mechanical failures. If they do not undergo proper maintenance, accidents can happen.
- Road conditions. Buses, due to their size, are more difficult to maneuver than standard passenger cars. When roads have poor design and maintenance, or there is inclement weather, this can create dangerous roadways. This causes the chance of a Sound Transit bus accident to increase.
Injuries Caused by Sound Transit Bus Accidents
While buses are in fewer accidents than other types of vehicles, two common features of buses can lead to injuries:
- High center of gravity: Because of a bus’ size, it is more prone to rollover accidents.
- Lack of seat belts/protective equipment: Because buses do not have seat belts or airbags, passengers are at risk of being thrown during an accident. They could also come into contact with parts of the bus that could cause injury, such as seats or windows.
When Sound Transit bus accidents do happen some of the injuries commonly suffered include:
Additionally, it is common for victims of an accident to not be aware of their injuries immediately. However, they later discover that their injuries are significant. Many factors play a role in this, such as adrenaline, delayed symptoms, and shock. It is important to seek medical attention right away after a Sound Transit bus accident.
Seattle Bus Accident Laws
The laws relating to buses and bus drivers depend on the type of vehicle and where it is traveling. If a bus crosses into a different state, it falls under the jurisdiction of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration.
If the vehicle only operates in Washington state, the specific laws then depend on the vehicle. For instance, Washington has specific laws governing school bus operations. However, there are different regulations for common carriers and private carriers.
Additionally, bus drivers must have a commercial driver’s license before operating a bus. The further required endorsements and certifications vary depending on the bus’s weight, type, and number of passengers it carries.
At Premier Law Group, our experienced Seattle Sound Transit bus accident lawyers can help you. We will determine the type of bus involved in your accident and identify which laws apply in your case.
Why It’s Important to Have an Experienced Bus Accident Attorney?
Bus accidents are complicated matters and there are many factors to consider in a Sound Transit bus accident case.
It is helpful to have an experienced Sound Transit bus accident attorney on your side to get the highest amount of compensation you deserve. Our team of lawyers at Premier Law Group will fight to earn you full and fair compensation.
Our Experienced Sound Transit Bus Accident Attorneys Can Help You!
The best thing you can do after a Sound Transit bus accident is to contact Premier Law Group. You’ll be able to speak directly with one of our experienced Seattle bus accident lawyers.
Additionally, Premier Law Group is proud of having excellent client communication. We will keep you updated about your claim and answer any questions you might have along the way.
The right attorney will fight to protect your health, emotional well-being, and finances. At Premier Law Group, our goal is for everyone we work with to receive justice for their injuries. We’ll do the work, you just focus on getting better!