Washington State Nursing Home Negligence Lawyers
If you suspect that a nursing home caused serious harm to or the death of a loved one, you’ve come to the right place. Here we take you through what you should know about nursing home negligence and abuse to help you understand whether you need a nursing home attorney.
Nursing Home Negligence and Abuse
Nursing homes, retirement homes, elder care homes, and long-term care homes provide essential care to people who, due to advanced age or disability, are unable to fully care for themselves. Families invest significant time and resources into selecting a nursing home for an elderly loved one who cannot live independently.
We want to believe our loved ones feel safe, secure, are being closely monitored, and their needs are being met at this vulnerable time in their lives. Sometimes management and staff do a wonderful job of taking care of residents. Other times they fail to live up to clear standards.
Unfortunately, the places where our elderly loved ones are supposed to feel at home may actually put them at risk. Our Washington nursing home attorneys know that nursing home negligence and abuse is all too common.
Nursing home negligence occurs when a nursing home or its staff fail to implement or uphold proper standards set out by government or the nursing home industry. These standards are designed to keep residents safe. Nursing home abuse is when someone abuses a nursing home resident. It could be a staff member or fellow resident. The nursing home should have reliable policies and procedures to prevent abuse from happening.
Examples of Nursing Home Negligence
If you’ve noticed any of the following, it may be in your best interest to consult a Washington nursing home attorney.
- Failure to give a resident timely medical treatment
- Did not treat a medical condition, which led to other problems like infection
- Failure to prevent bed sores and pressure ulcers
- Causing or contributing to malnutrition and dehydration
- Poor planning leading to falls by residents
- Sub-standard security and supervision of residents
- Failing to protect residents from violence
- Poor care planning and care management
- Medication and prescription errors
Signs of Nursing Home Negligence and Abuse
Sometimes there are warning signs of nursing home negligence and abuse. Do you recognize any of the following signs?
- A decline in personal hygiene could be a sign that a nursing home is providing sub-standard care.
- Sudden weight loss, dehydration, bedsores or pressure sores suggest that staff are not providing basic needs for food, water, and movement.
- Unusual changes in behaviour such as becoming withdrawn, agitated, or scared of staff and other residents suggests a resident may not have the security and care they need.
- Poor or unsafe conditions like dirty and unsanitary conditions, poor lighting, equipment in hallways, and slippery floors may be evidence of neglect.
- Unexplained injuries like bruising, broken bones, and cuts may suggest there has been a physical assault, improper use of restraints, or an accident caused by dangerous living conditions.
- Buying gifts for staff or other residents, loss of personal property, or unusual bank account activity could mean that someone is manipulating a resident.
If any of these warning signs resonate, you may need a nursing home attorney. Premier Law Group offers free consultations to help people like you determine whether they have a case.
Why Choose Premier Law Group
It’s important to choose the right nursing home attorney to represent your loved ones. At Premier Law Group, there are several things that set us apart. Here are some of the reasons why people choose us for their nursing home negligence and abuse cases.
Nursing Home Negligence Attorneys Offering Free Resources:
At Premier Law Group, part of our mission is to make sure that everyone who contacts us becomes more informed about their options, whether we represent them or not. That’s why we offer free resources like books and guides. The following two books may be relevant to your situation of nursing home negligence and abuse.
Washington Wrongful Death Book: In Case of Death
The Shocking Truth About Washington Lawyer Advertising
There’s No Fee If We Don’t Win
As with other personal injury cases, we do cases of nursing home negligence and abuse on contingency fee. That means you pay nothing up front. It also means there’s no fee unless we win your case. This makes hiring a nursing home attorney accessible to anyone.
Nursing Home Negligence Lawyers Who Get Results
At Premier Law Group, we have a track-record of giving clients top-rate service and getting them fair compensation. The best form of proof may our hundreds of positive reviews on Google and elsewhere. Click to check out some of our hand-written reviews from clients.
Since personal service is important at Premier Law Group, we’re available to clients 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Our nursing home attorneys are committed to serving you.
Premier Law Group offers an exclusive VIP Program. Card-carrying members receive special privileges including free legal services and special treatment including:
***Lost keys retrieval plus a reward for the person who finds your lost keys
***Free consumer contract and lease review
***Complimentary notary service
***Free insurance policy review
***Complimentary 30-minute consultation on any personal injury matter
***Discounts and special offers to our VIP partners including restaurants and professional services
Local Nursing Home Attorneys
Premier Law Group is a Washington State law firm with offices in Bellevue, Renton, Seattle, and Federal Way. We have deep roots in our communities and make a point of giving back through various community initiatives. These initiatives include but are not limited to the Backpack Meals program, which provides healthy meals and snacks to homeless schoolchildren, and the Teacher of the Month program, which recognizes teachers who make an impact.
Awards & Recognitions
The nursing home attorneys at Premier Law group have received numerous awards and recognitions which shows our good standing and authority in the legal community and beyond. For example:
- News outlets and other third-party media have featured and interviewed the lawyers at Premier Law Group on nursing home negligence and abuse and other personal injury matters.
- Lawyers of Distinction, also known as “the fastest growing community of distinguished lawyers in the United States”, has awarded our nursing home attorneys on multiple occasions.
- The American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys has listed our nursing home attorneys as among the “10 best attorneys” in Washington.
- ACQ5 has recognized Premier Law Group as “Personal Injury Law Firm of the Year” and “US Client Care Law Firm of the Year”.
- Super Lawyers has designated our nursing home attorneys as super lawyers time and again.
Free Case Review for Nursing Home Negligence and Abuse
The nursing home attorneys at Premier Group offer free initial consultations for people who suspect that a loved one was seriously harmed or died because of nursing home negligence and abuse. During your consultation, we can help you determine whether you have a case and a range of what your case is worth.
Contact Us to Schedule Your Free Case Review
Call 206.285.1743 or complete a confidential “contact us” form on our website to schedule your free nursing home negligence and abuse case review. If we can’t help you, we’ll help you figure out who can. Call 206.285.1743 today.