Did a Tow Truck Accident Injure You?
When you think of tow trucks, Disney’s Pixar animated show “Cars” might come to mind. Mater is one of the movie’s main characters. He’s a tractor-tipping rusty trusty tow truck, in the town of Radiator Springs. In the show, Mater is a “helper.” Likewise, the driving public considers tow trucks as “helpers.” They “tow” vehicles away to repair shops. And they haul car crash vehicles, too. But what if the tow truck actually causes an injury accident? Tow trucks are heavy, slow to maneuver and have major blind spots. The tow hook alone blocks the driver’s view of other vehicles on the road. Accidents happen, and when they do with a loaded tow truck on a busy roadway, the outcome is catastrophic. If you or a loved one has been injured in tow truck accident, you need a legal advocate’s help.
Let Premier Law Group help!
Our experienced Seattle tow truck accident attorneys know the accident investigation and claim process. Let us collect the evidence and build your case. We deal with insurance claims adjustors, you just focus on getting better! We will negotiate for you, while you focus on recovering. Call Premier Law Group today at 206.285.1743 for a FREE Consultation! An expert tow truck accident attorney will talk with you directly.
What Are the Types of Tow Truck Accidents
Tow trucks are large, heavy, and come with hooks, chains, pulleys, and flatbeds. All these elements cause significant injury accidents when tow trucks crash with other vehicles.
Some of the most common tow truck accidents are:
- Blind Spot Sideswipes: Tow trucks blind spots are such that they cannot see other vehicles in the driving lane. As they merge onto the roadway, they “sideswipe” other vehicles.
- Tow Truck Rollovers: Tow trucks have a high center of gravity made worse by hauling another vehicle. This makes the truck unstable and causes tow truck rollovers.
- Rear-end Collisions: Tow trucks are bulky, heavy, and braking time is much longer than that of cars. When traveling in high traffic conditions, tow trucks do cause rear-end collisions. They simply are unable to brake in time to avoid the crash.
What Are Causes of Tow Truck Accidents?
Tow truck drivers have to be available to the driving public 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Pure and simple, tow truck drivers are fatigued. This is the primary cause of tow truck accidents.
And there are other root causes of tow truck accidents. These include:
- Failure to Check Blind Spots and Yield to Traffic
- Driving Under the Influence
- Improperly Loaded and Secured Cargo
- Defective /Improperly Maintained Truck Equipment
- Inexperienced Tow Truck Drivers
Negotiation, Negotiation, Negotiation
The tow truck company insurer has one job. That is to limit insurance claim payouts. They will deny responsibility for the crash. And then give victims a “claim settlement” offer. The goal is to close the accident claim as soon as possible with the smallest payout.
Here’s the thing: personal injury attorneys know how to gather all the accident details and evidence. This always results in new information coming to light. Particularly, fault for the crash becomes evident.
The personal injury attorney knows how to use new evidence and negotiate for fair compensation. This is not true with the first settlement offer.
You and your attorney are “settlement partners.” Together, you keep the door open for claim negotiations as long as possible.
What To Do After a Tow Truck Accident
First, stay out of oncoming traffic. If you are able, take the following actions after a tow truck accident. If not, ask an eyewitness to do this for you.
- Stay Calm and Call 911
- Move out of traffic lanes — if you can do so safely
- Check for injuries
- Take down any information from eyewitnesses
- Take any pertinent photos of vehicles involved and the scene – if you can do safely
- Collect all information of the tow truck driver’s permit — it must be legally displayed on the side of their vehicle
- After the police give you an incident report, call a tow truck accident lawyer
The Premier Law Group Difference!
Premier Law Group refuses to let tow truck companies hide their negligence. As your advocate, you always work with YOUR ATTORNEY — not just a paralegal.
We know how to gather the evidence, build your case and file claims on your behalf.
It’s our job to negotiate for you and your loved ones.
Contact a Dedicated Seattle Tow Truck Accident Attorney!
Premier Law Group will help you! Don’t sign off on an insurance claim until you talk with us. Focus on healing, and let your lawyer collect evidence and handle the claim details. We work to get a fair settlement.
Call Premier Law Group! You always work directly with an attorney and we are available to you 24/7.
Call 206.285.1743 Today! Schedule your FREE Accident Case Review!