Spinal cord injuries are among the most painful and costly injuries a person can endure. These injuries are usually caused by some sort of accident and can result in inhibition of motion and even paralysis. It is critical to speak to an experienced spinal cord injury attorney as soon as you can. At Premier Law Group, our Bellevue spinal injury attorneys have a wealth of experience handling serious injury cases. We know that spinal cord injuries often produce medical bills and treatments that can last an entire lifetime. That is why it is important not to settle quickly for less money than you deserve. If you need any advice on your potential case, give us a call at 206-285-1743 for a free case evaluation.
Spinal cord injuries are a common occurrence. As many as 400,000 Americans are suffering from the ongoing effects of spinal cord injuries, and over 4 out of every 5 of them are male. They are caused by bruising, tearing, or crushing of spinal cord tissue, and just like brain injuries, are oftentimes car accident-related. These injuries are very serious and can lead to death. If a loved one has suffered a spinal cord injury due to someone else’s negligence that has led to their death, this would be considered a wrongful death case. If you would like more information about how our Seattle and Bellevue spinal cord injury attorneys can help you out, click this link.
Navigating Spinal Cord Trauma in Washington
Spinal cord injuries are the result of a strong force that acts on the very sensitive nerve column in the back.
This force can dislocate the vertebrae of the spine and is often caused by:
- Car Accidents
- Sports injuries
- Job-Related Accidents
Not only is this incredibly painful, but it can affect the spinal discs and nerves, thus causing permanent damage. This essentially cuts off the pathway between the brain and the rest of the body, thus potentially leading to paralysis.
Differentiating Spinal Cord Injury Types
There is a large range of spinal cord injuries, but they are broken into two categories: complete and incomplete.
- Complete spinal cord injuries are where all feeling and ability to move is lost below the point of injury – this would be paralysis.
- The second type is incomplete spinal cord injuries, which is when nerve damage is less serious and most control is maintained.
One has a much greater chance of recovery within six months after a spinal cord injury, so it is very important to begin rehabilitation as soon as possible.
Grasping the Full Impact of Spinal Cord Injuries
Spinal cord injuries can be very costly. Not only the initial costs of the injury and subsequent expenses but the expenses that can occur for years can really add up. According to the National Center for Spinal Cord Injuries, the lifetime cost for a 25-year-old who suffers a spinal cord injury is $4,729,788. For someone who was injured 25 years later in their life at the age of 50, that number would look more like $2,599,411. This is a staggering amount and with the overall uncertainty of the health insurance laws and industry, the chances of these amounts being fully covered are slim.
Financial Recovery for Spinal Cord Trauma Victims
Are you wondering what types of things you can be compensated for when it comes to Spinal Cord Injuries?
Similar to other Personal Injury Compensation cases, you could be eligible for the following compensation:
- Medical bills-These are most likely going to be your biggest expense after suffering a spinal cord injury. Looking back to the figures above, medical care alone can quickly reach into the millions.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses-These can be expenses like food, lodging, and travel. Anything you pay for out of your own pocket during treatment from the Spinal Cord Injury.
- Lost Wages-Inevitably you will miss work for treatment, recovery, and potentially not be able to return to work.
- Pain and Suffering-Your Spinal Cord Injury will likely affect your quality of life and change the way you live both in the short-term and long-term.
- Loss of Consortium-Loved ones will have to deal with many hurdles along the way including when your relationship is affected and changed from how it was before your injury.
- Loss of Essential Services-Your Spinal Cord Injury may affect your daily life. You may not be able to do the things you used to do as you used to do them.
How Premier Law Group Advocates for Spinal Cord Injury Patients
First, we will help you decide whether you even need a lawyer – if you can settle your case on your own, our free book can help provide the guidance you need to do just that. For more complex cases, you will want to have an experienced spinal cord injury attorney to get the best settlement possible. Remember, the trauma you experience right after spinal cord injuries can be the tip of the iceberg. It isn’t until you have fully healed that you can know about the full nature and extent of your injuries, including, if you have any permanent damage. Spinal cord injuries are very likely to result in permanent damage. Insurance companies will pressure you to settle before you know the full extent of the impact of an accident. That’s not right, and we will stand up for you!
- Listen carefully to your needs, questions, and concerns
- Handle ALL the legal issues so you can focus on healing
- Deal with the insurance companies – sometimes there is more than one!
- Order all medical records and bills related to your injuries
- Walk you through the litigation process so you fully understand what is happening
- Communicate with you regularly so you know how your case is progressing
Importance of Specialized Legal Expertise for Spinal Injuries
Many law firms may take personal injury cases. Few offer the experience, knowledge, and resources our Bellevue Spinal Cord Injury Attorneys do. We also offer a Triple Guarantee to our clients. We guarantee that you will immediately speak to a Bellevue Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer as soon as you call us-no waiting. Our second guarantee is that you will pay no legal fees unless we win your case. That is our Zero-Fee Guarantee. We also guarantee to treat you with the utmost respect and answer all questions you may have. We keep lines of communication open with our clients. It is important for us to work to give you the best possible experience you can have.
Call us now at (206)-207-4722 for your FREE case evaluation and to speak directly to an expert Personal Injury Attorney
Don’t just take our word for it, see what our clients have to say!
“Incredible legal team at PLG! Kristi, Syuzanna, Jason, and the whole team made my case process quick and stress-free. Not to mention, the team went the extra mile and assisted me in gaining additional compensation than previously expected! Highly recommend Premier Law Group for personal injury claims.” -Benjamin H.
“I have been working with Aubrey since early June. So far she had been nothing but EXCEPTIONAL!!! Every time I have inquiries about my claim, she’s always been graciously proactive and very professional in dealing with all my concerns regarding my claim. Audrey goes above and beyond in her efforts to reach out to me and I’ve always felt comfortable knowing that she’s gonna advocate what’s best for her client. I am truly grateful for all what she has done so far. She’s definitely a GEM!!!” -Oscar E.