6 Tips For Bicycle Safety
1. Protect Your Head. Always wear a helmet when riding.
2. Stay Alert. Don’t talk on the phone or listen to music when riding.
3. Stay Visible. Wear bright colored clothing so others can see you.
4. Obey Traffic Laws. Bicyclists must follow the same road rules as drivers.
5. Use Lights. When riding at night use lights.
6. Obey Traffic Laws. This gear will allow drivers to see you from a distance.
>> Use Your Hand Signals!
1. LEFT TURN. Extend the left arm straight out from the body and point to the left. You should perform this signal at least ten yards prior to the turn.
2. STOP. To signal the group of a sudden stop, place your hand behind your back and make a fist.
3. RIGHT TURN. Extend the right arm out straight from the body and point to the right. As with the left turn, you want to make this signal at least ten yards before the intended turn.
4. RIGHT TURN (Alternate). This signal can vary amongst groups, as some will follow the California driving laws which have the left arm at a 90-degree angle, pointing up.
Download a high-resolution file of 6 Tips For Bicycle Safety