Compensation for Injuries Caused by Defective Bicycle Design and Parts
It’s shocking to think that over half a million cyclists are seriously injured every year in the United States. One- third of the injured cyclists are kids under the age of 14. Why are these accidents happening? Well for starters, manufacturers and big box retailers alike are cutting corners, at great harm to the buying public. Manufacturers use cheap unreliable materials and designs to reduce production costs. Then, big box retailers improperly assemble and sell these defective bicycle, parts and accessories. Cyclists rely on their equipment to protect them. But the bikes and helmets are falling apart and causing serious injury and fatality accidents.
Have you or a loved one been injured in a defective bicycle accident? Did you lose someone you love in the accident? Are you dealing with horrendous medical bills? And rightly scared for your future? Let Premier Law Group help!
Our attorneys are personal injury experts in defective bicycle cases. We handle cases involving all kinds of bike equipment failure. Additionally, our attorneys are highly skilled at identifying all sources of compensation. Most importantly, our attorneys know how to deal with manufacturers and big box insurance claims people. We know how to identify all of the potential parties responsible for your bike accident. And then, we hold the companies responsible for the defective bicycles and file claims. Let us collect the evidence and deal with insurance claims adjustors. That’s all we do! We negotiate for you, while you focus on regaining your life.
Call Premier Law Group today at 206.285.1743 for a FREE Consultation!
Filing a Defective Bicycle Lawsuit in Seattle
Bicycles today are cost effective environmentally responsible ways of getting around in our traffic clogged roadways. All cycles come with certain safety warranties. If the bicycle or bicycle equipment failed and caused your injuries, your claim could be filed with several entities.
Depending on the facts and evidence from the scene of the injury accident, your claim can be against the manufacturer, the retailer, and more. An experienced bicycle accident lawyer will hold all responsible entities liable for the defective bicycle accident.
- The bike manufacturer or designer
- The bike seller
- A bike rental company
What Are the Causes of Bicycle Crashes?
There are many different examples of defective bicycle accidents that cause serious injuries. They include:
- Defective Bicycle Frames and Wheel Forks– Carbon fiber bike frames that are poor quality carbon. The bicycle frame or forks can crack and fail with no warning.
- Handlebars or Bike Stem– Poorly assembled handlebars and bike stems that are too loose or over-tightened cause cyclists bikes to fall apart while riding.
- Defective Assembly by Big Box Merchants – Walmart, Target, Dick’s Sporting Goods and more retailers assemble bicycles on site. Buyers will never know who assembled the bike, nor if they are trained in bike assembly. And retailers fail to give buyers bike manuals.
- Improperly attached pedals– Pedals fall off when the pedal is attached without lining up the threads of the pedal spindle and crank arm.
- Seat Post raised too high– Seat posts fall out of the bike frame if they are installed without the minimum post depth in the frame.
- Stem raised too high– Bike stems and handlebars can separate from the bike frame, if there’s an inadequate amount of stem inserted into the frame.
- Improperly tightened wheel skewers– Quick release skewers are supposed to hold the wheels onto the bike frame. If the skewers are too loose, the bicycle wheels fall off.
What Rights Do Cyclists Have in Seattle?
Cyclists enjoy all the same legal rights as motor vehicle operators and pedestrians, with the following special conditions:
- Bicycles cannot carry more people than intended by design, with exceptions for securely attached small children.
- Cyclists cannot ride bikes attached to moving vehicles.
- Bicyclists are to ride in Seattle’s bike lanes whenever possible, and should ride with traffic, on the right side of the road. Seattle doesn’t prohibit riding on sidewalks, but there they must yield to pedestrians.
- Cyclists may not ride more than two across on roadways.
- Bicycles must have specific lights and reflectors when being ridden between sunset and sunrise.
In addition, bicyclists must obey all traffic laws and signs. If a cyclist violates specific bicycle or traffic regulations, this does not mean he or she can’t recover damages for injuries. This is because the violation may not have caused the accident and injuries.
How Can I File a Personal Injury Claim After a Seattle Bike Accident?
Washington State allows people to file compensation claims when injured in defective bicycle accidents. These claims can include the following:
- Hospital bills
- Doctors charges
- Rehabilitation expenses
- Medical equipment
- Pharmacy bills
- Nursing care
- At-home help
- Property damage to a bike or other personal items
- Lost past and future income
- Pain and suffering
An experienced Seattle personal injury attorney knows how to handle all aspects of your claim.
Why Choose Premier Law Group To Handle My Case?
The Premier Law Group Difference!
As your “difference maker,” you always work with YOUR ATTORNEY — not just a paralegal. We are available 24/7 to answer your questions, and help you build your case.
Most importantly, our attorneys know how to collect all the evidence from your defective bicycle accident. The things we will look for include:
- Bike component failure
- Wheel failure
- Structural failure
- Bike fork failure
- Faulty bike repairs and maintenance
- Brake failure
- Poorly designed bicycles
- Defective bike wheel spokes
In addition, your attorney will:
- Collect Bicycle Accident Police Reports
- Secure Eyewitness Reports
- Subpoena Bicycle Manufacturer Records
- Review Defective Bicycle Lawsuits Against Retailers
- Study Data About Defective Bicycle Accidents
All these details go into the case your attorney builds for your claim. We negotiate FOR YOU and your loved ones.
Don’t sign off on an insurance claim until you talk with us. Furthermore, you focus on healing, and let your lawyer collect evidence and handle the claim details.
Contact a Dedicated Seattle Defective Bicycle Accident Attorney!
Call Premier Law Group! Get your FREE Consultation Today!
You always work directly with an attorney and we are available to you 24/7.
Call 206.285.1743 Today!