Out of State Driver Accidents

Did You Get Into a Car Crash While Visiting Washington? We Want to Help!

experienced Seattle Car Accident LawyersNo one expects to have a car accident.  It’s a stressful experience, especially if you’re in an out of state driver accident.  No matter who is at fault, car accidents have complicated issues.

For instance:  Who is injured?  Where can we be treated?  Is my car drivable?  If not, can I get it towed?  Did anyone see what happened?  Can I still drive in the state?

Premier Law Group wants to help!  We are experienced with out-of-state driver car accidents.  Car crashes are traumatizing.  Let us handle your claim  for you.  We collect the evidence and explain your rights, all while you recover. Then we go to work, negotiating on your behalf.

Call Premier Law Group today at 206.285.1743 for a FREE Consultation!  An experienced accident attorney will review your case.

Insurance for Out of State Drivers

All drivers in Washington State have to have auto insurance.  Drivers carry an insurance card to prove you have coverage.  If you have a out of state driver accident, your card is proof you have coverage.

Car insurance usually moves with you, from one state to another.  As long as you’re stay is a few days, your car insurance coverage is adequate.

But when your stay is a month or longer, different laws come into play.  It all depends on the insurance laws of the state you’re visiting.   Call your car insurance agent.  Explain where you’re going and how long you will be there.  Your agent can get the car insurance coverage to protect you in that state.

In Washington State, we have required minimum insurance coverages.  They are:

  • $25,000 per person for injuries in an accident
  • $50,000 per person if more than one person is injured
  • $10,000 per accident for property damage

These are the bare “minimum requirements.”  The medical bills for serious car accident injuries can easily cost $ 100,000.  Make sure you buy the right insurance coverage to protect you and others.

Insurance for Out of Country Drivers

Seattle auto accident lawyersWhen you travel out of the US, your insurance does not protect you and others.

All out of country drivers need insurance that meets that country’s minimum requirements.   Before you leave the US, talk with your insurance agent.  Get car insurance to protect you and others, if you have an accident.

Steps To Take After An Out Of State Driver Accident

Regardless where you are, there are steps to follow if you are in a car accident.  They are:

  • Call the Police – Report the accident. If there are injuries, ask the dispatcher to call for Emergency Services.  People needing medical care need immediate attention.  Police may write accident report at the scene.  If not, you will need the police report before you can file a claim.
  • Take Pictures – Take pictures of all car accident damages, of car license plates, and insurance cards.  This is the evidence that you need, for filing claims.
  • Write Down or Take Pictures of Insurance Cards — And get complete names, addresses, work and home phone numbers of all accident victims.
  • See a Doctor – Do get checked out immediately after the accident, and again, if injuries show up later. Sometimes car accident injuries take a week or two to show up.
  • Never Admit Fault! – People get emotional in a car accident, and lash out. It’s up to police to determine who caused the accident.  Keep your cool.  Let the police do their job.  You should focus on collecting evidence.  That’s what you need to file a claim.
  • Do Not Leave the Scene of the Accident! – It’s against the law to leave the scene of an accident. Especially if you haven’t talked with the police before you leave.  The police will find you at fault for the accident, if you’re not there to explain.  And you need to collect accident evidence, to file your claim.
  • Contact Your Insurance Company – You need to start the claim process. Describe the accident but do not admit fault.   The police report will cover this.

Keeping calm in the midst of an accident is not easy.  Focus on collecting the accident evidence.  Then get an expert law attorney to help you.  You need someone to fight for you in insurance negotiations.

The Need For Experts In Out of State Driver Accident Cases

experienced Seattle Bellevue Federal Way Renton auto accident lawyersThe first settlement offer from insurance companies is always “low”.  Their job is to pressure accident victims to accept the first offer and sign off on the claim.  Never accept the first offer.

And never sign off on a claim until you’ve found an expert to help you.  You could be entitled to a lot more than the claims adjuster’s offer.

You need to focus on healing.  Hiring an expert Seattle auto accident attorney “levels the playing field.”  Your attorney knows the legal jargon.  Let your attorney handle the negotiating and paperwork.

Call us today so we can review your case.  We want to get the best possible settlement for you.

Contact a Dedicated Car Accident Attorney!

If you’ve been injured and suffered damages in a car accident, we can help!  You deserve to be compensated for your medical care, property damages, and loss of work.

Call Premier Law Group!  You always work directly with an attorney and we are available to you 24/7.  Our expert Seattle auto accident attorneys have access to insurance company and police records.   We compile all the evidence to build a strong case.  Our job is to negotiate on your behalf and get a fair settlement.

We offer FREE Consultation for Victims of Out of State Driver Accidents.   Call 206.285.1743 today, and Schedule your Free Accident Case Review!