Lost Income: Can I recover money for the time I missed work due to my injuries


One of the elements of damages that we can recover is lost income.

If you’re injured in an accident and your doctor says that you can’t work then you’re entitled to recover money for the time that you missed from work.

Additionally, if you’re injured and it requires you to be retrained because you can’t do your old job anymore, you may be entitled to compensation for that retraining.

money for lost incomeIn rare situations even after your retraining you may not be able to make as much money as you were making before. In those situations you would be entitled to lost earning potential from the person that caused your injury.

All of these things are difficult to prove and you should speak to a lawyer to help determine what you can claim and what the best way to claim it is.

Pin It on Pinterest