A woman is dead in Shelton after the motorcycle she was riding on as a passenger crashed. The accident happened at around 4:30 in the afternoon yesterday. The deceased was riding with a man who was critically injured and taken by helicopter to Harborview Medical Center. His condition was serious but stable.
It is unknown whether or not alcohol or drugs played a role in the accident. The motorcycle crashed into a guardrail, sending the woman flying from the motorcycle. When emergency responders arrived at the scene, she was pronounced dead. Not many details surrounding the two have been released.
Motorcycle accidents have been all over news headlines recently. If you are involved in one, there are several steps that we recommend you should take afterwards:
1. Write an account of the accident as quickly and accurately as possible.
2. See a doctor, no matter how minor you believe your injuries are.
3. Document your injuries along with your doctor.
4. Report the accident to your insurance company immediately, truthfully and completely.
5. Contact a qualified injury attorney. This step can often be taken before reporting to your insurance company.
6. Educate yourself about the legal process.
7. Relax. Take a deep breath!